SCOPE AND APPLICATION OF POLICY
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The type of information we collect about you includes the following:
- Information such as your name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Social Insurance Number, identity card number, or other government identification number
- Copies of any agreements you enter into with us
- Information that you provide to us, such as your preferences, identities of your advisors and decision-makers, feedback and comments
- Credit and financial information
- Verifying your identity in order to grant website access
SumaMonde uses the personal information above for different purposes relating to the management of our business and our relationship with you. These purposes include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing, maintaining and managing a business relationship with you so that we may provide you with services or products that you have requested
- Enabling us to comply with your requests such as preferred method of communication
- Sharing your personal information with a party representing you, such as your investment representative, financial planner or to other third parties at your direction/consent
- Enabling us to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services and improve our products and services
- Sharing your personal information within Suma Monde Kapital Partners LLC for purposes of contacting you, including informing you of opportunities
- Protecting our business from error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements (including tax requirements)
- Safeguarding and protecting SumaMonde’s confidential information
- Other purposes reasonably required for the management of our business relationship with you and the management of SumaMonde’s business
SumaMonde shares your personal information with its employees, auditors, contractors and consultants and other parties, including its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “SumaMonde Kapital Partners”) who require such information to assist us with administering our business relationship with you. These include third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf, third parties that collaborate with SumaMonde in the provision of services to you and third parties with whom we contract to perform our services.
SumaMonde may contract with third parties located in one or more countries outside of Canada, including potentially in the United States of America or the European Union, to provide SumaMonde with processing, storage or other administrative or data-related services. Please be advised that in that case your information may be transferred to, processed, used and stored in those countries, and that the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies located in those countries may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of, or pursuant to a lawful order made in, those countries.
We require your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Consent may be expressed or implied. Express consent may be given orally or in writing, including electronic transmission. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred by your action or inaction. By providing us with the personal information described in this Policy, we assume you have impliedly provided SumaMonde with your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
You may withdraw or limit your consent to SumaMonde’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to your legal and contractual obligations you may have to us as a result of our business relationship. You must provide reasonable notice of the withdrawal of your consent. All communications with respect to the withdrawal or limitation of your consent should be directed to our office in writing.
In some circumstances, SumaMonde is entitled, or required, to disclose your personal information without your consent. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting your health or safety
- The disclosure is necessary for an investigation or proceeding
- The disclosure is required or authorized by law
- The disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order of a court or other body authorized to compel production of the information
- The disclosure is to a public body and relates to an investigation of an offense
- The disclosure is to a lawyer who is representing SumaMonde
- The disclosure is required to respond to an emergency
- Where the personal information is publicly available
ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SumaMonde endeavors to ensure that any personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If your personal information changes or you believe information we have about you is not accurate, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible. Any request to verify or correct your personal information must be made in writing to SumaMonde’s office. In some circumstances, we may not agree to your request to change your personal information, but will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the product or service and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your business relationship with us but it will only be for as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date and to comply with applicable law and regulatory requirements. When we no longer require your personal information, we will either destroy or erase it, or we will make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with or tracked to you.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
SumaMonde is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We endeavor to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may ask to see the personal information we have about you. A request to review your personal information must be made in writing to SumaMonde’s office. SumaMonde will endeavor to provide the information requested within a reasonable time from the date of the written request, or within the time otherwise required by law.
If you make a request to review your personal information, we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information. We may also require information that would assist us in locating your personal information. We may charge a fee to access your personal information; if so, we will notify you of that fee at the time you make your request or within a short time thereafter.
SumaMonde reserves the right to decline to provide access to personal information in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to, circumstances where the information requested:
- Would disclose personal information, including opinions, about another individual
- Would disclose SumaMonde’s trade secrets or other confidential business information
- Is subject to lawyer-client privilege
- Is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing it would be disproportionate to the value of the information
- Does not exist or cannot be found
- Could result in serious harm to the individual requesting it, serious harm to the life, safety or health of another person, or serious emotional harm or embarrassment to another individual
- May harm or interfere with law enforcement activities and other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by statute to perform such functions
- May be or is required to be withheld by other legislation
Where information requested will not or cannot be disclosed, SumaMonde will provide the reasons for non-disclosure.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
© 2021 SumaMonde
SumaMonde Kapital Partner LLC, including affiliates and related entities the (“Surely Now LLC” and “Legacy Wealth”) do not make any representation or warranty about the accuracy, currency or completeness of this website or its content. This website and its content are for general information purposes, are not intended to provide you with any financial, accounting, tax or legal advice, and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any real estate investments of the SumaMonde Kapital Partners.